Building our wall of fears
Tear down the Wall game
God Gives Us Courage!
Talking about the video
Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Joshua 6
- In This Passage: God is ready to lead his people into the Promised Land—starting by taking over the city of Jericho. But it has big walls and seems scary to conquer. Following God’s instructions, the Israelites march around the city for seven days. On the seventh day, with God’s help, the walls fall down!
- Bible Point: God gives us courage.
- Summary Verse: “This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).
God gives us courage. The Israelites must’ve felt small standing by the big walls around Jericho. Kids are used to feeling small, and they often have little power over what happens in their lives. Help them find courage in how big and powerful God is.
- Think About: What’s your “wall of Jericho”—something that feels big and daunting in your life? Ask God for courage.
Dig In to Prayer
Pray that God will help your child feel strong and courageous
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.