Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Ruth 1–2
- In This Passage: Naomi is Ruth and Orpah’s mother-in-law. When all three of the women are left widows, Naomi leaves to return to her hometown of Bethlehem. Ruth decides to go with her and promises to be a loyal friend. Ruth and Naomi help each other find food and get through a hard time. God gives us friends, just like he gave Naomi a good friend in Ruth.
- Bible Point: God gives us friends.
- Summary Verse: “Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!” (Romans 12:16).
- God gives us friends. Some kids have a lot of friends to be thankful for, but others may feel lonely. Help foster friendships.
- Think About: Who are your best friends? What do you like about them? Thank God because you get to experience God’s love through your friendships! !
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that God will help kids form healthy, loyal friendships.
- Watch for special opportunities to affirm your kids throughout this lesson. Whenever you see a child being a good friend by doing something kind, helpful, or thoughtful, let the child know. Tell the child that God just used him or her to be a friend. By doing this, you’ll help kids understand that they can be the friend God gives to someone who needs a friend!
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.