Dig In to the Bible
- Read: 1 Samuel 1:9-28
- In This Passage: Hannah doesn’t have a baby, and that makes her sad. She prays that God will give her the desire of her heart: a son. She promises that if God answers her prayer, she’ll give her son back to God. God hears and answers Hannah’s prayer, and she gives her son back to God when he’s weaned. God hears our prayers, too.
- Bible Point: God hears our prayers.
- Summary Verse: “Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!” (Romans 12:16).
God hears our prayers.
- This can be hard for kids to understand, as they’ve probably experienced praying for something and not getting the answer they wanted. Help kids see that even though God doesn’t always do what we ask, he always hears us and he cares about our hearts’ desires.
- Think About: What’s at the top of your prayer list right now? How do you feel about God hearing your heart’s desires? What has his care meant to you?
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that God will help kids turn to him with their needs and desires.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.