Dig In to the Bible
- Read: 1 Samuel 16:1-13
- In This Passage: God tells Samuel to anoint one of Jesse’s sons as the next king. Samuel sees Jesse’s oldest son and thinks he must be the one God has chosen. But God looks at the heart, not outward appearance. God helps us see people through his eyes, and he helps Samuel see that the next king is the youngest son, David.
- Bible Point: God helps us see people through his eyes.
- Summary Verse: “Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!” (Romans 12:16).
- God helps us see people through his eyes. It’s natural for kids to judge based on outward appearance. A kid with glasses must be a nerd. Someone who dresses weird must be weird. Kids see others through God’s eyes, by looking at the heart inside of people.
- Who do you have a hard time seeing in a positive way? How can you see that person through God’s eyes?
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that God will your kids to see other people through his eyes.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.