Dig In to the Bible
- Read: 1 Samuel 17:1-51
- In This Passage: Goliath, a 9-foot tall Philistine, threatens the Israelites in battle. Everyone is too scared to fight Goliath, until David hears Goliath’s threats. He knows God is on our side, so he picks up five smooth stones and uses a slingshot to kill Goliath with a rock.
- Bible Point: God is on our side.
- Summary Verse: “Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!” (Romans 12:16).
- God is on our side. Most kids have felt like they’re up against the world at one point. Sometimes it feels like everyone or everything is out to get them. Kids need to see that like sports fans cheering on their team, God is on their side, cheering them on.
- What are you battling against right now? How does it help to know God is on your side?
Dig In to Prayer
- Picture your child. Now picture the “giants” kids are each facing in their lives. Pray that God will help kids fight life’s battles.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.