Dig In to the Bible
- Read: 1 Samuel 25:2-38
- In This Passage: David and his men need food, so David asks a man named Nabal to share. Nabal refuses! The two men get very mad, but Nabal’s wife, Abigail, brings food to David to settle the conflict. This shows us that God helps us get along.
- Bible Point: God helps us get along.
- Summary Verse: “Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!” (Romans 12:16).
- God helps us get along. You’ve probably seen conflicts arise with your child. Kids need help getting along. Minor offenses can seem significant to a child. Use this lesson to teach kids to see other people’s point of view and consider how God can help them get along with others.
- Who do you know who’s a peacemaker? What can you learn from how this person handles conflict?
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that God will help your kids see things from others’ perspectives and find ways to make peace.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.