Dig In to the Bible
- Read: 1 Kings 18:1-40
- In This Passage: Elijah is in hiding from King Ahab. He comes out to prove that Baal isn’t a real god and that only God is real. He issues a challenge to see whose god can light an altar on fire. The prophets of Baal build and dance around their altar for hours, but nothing happens. Elijah pours water on his altar, and God still lights it on fire, proving God is real.
- Bible Point: God is real.
- Summary Verse: “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path” (Psalm 119:105).
- God is real. Kids may not worship statues like Baal, but they often idolize things like phones, video games, celebrities, or TV shows. Help them see that none of those things can truly satisfy; because God is real, only he can.
- Think About: How do you know God is real?
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that God will help your kids experience how real he is.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.