Dig In to the Bible
- Read: 2 Kings 4:1-7
- In This Passage: A poor widow comes to Elisha for help. A creditor is threatening to take away her sons. Elisha tells her to borrow as many jars as she can and pour the little bit of oil she has left into the jars. She has enough oil to fill every jar! She can sell the oil to pay off her creditors because God gives us what we need.
- Bible Point: God gives us what we need.
- Summary Verse: “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path” (Psalm 119:105).
- God gives us what we need. Kids have varying levels of need. Some kids may come from affluent families and not have any real experience with need; others may have seen their parents struggling with unemployment and worrying about how to pay the bills. This lesson applies either way. Help children to see that because God gives us what we need, we can thank him for what he’s already provided and trust him when things are tight.
- Think About: Make a thank-you list of everything God has provided for you, and then thank him!
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray for God to provide for their specific needs.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.