Ezra 3:1-13; 7:1-10; 9:6–10:17
Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Ezra 3:1-13; 7:1-10; 9:6–10:17
- In This Passage: God preserves some of his people, the Israelites, after they spend years in exile. God lets the Israelites return to Jerusalem, where they find the Temple in ruins and rebuild it. Later, God sends Ezra to rebuild people’s hearts. God sees our hearts, and he knows when we sin. He also knows when we’re really sorry, and he can change our hearts.
- Bible Point: God sees our hearts.
- Summary Verse: “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13).
- God sees our hearts. For kids, failure often feels final. This lesson is all about how God sees all the bad in our hearts—and loves us anyway. He sees the good in us, too, and he’s ready to forgive us and help rebuild our hearts using the good parts.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.