Esther 5:1-8; 8
Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Esther 5:1-8; 8
- In This Passage: Esther is a Jew who has to marry King Xerxes. But Haman, the king’s most powerful official, is trying to kill the Jews! Esther bravely asks the king to have dinner with her and then tells him about Haman’s plot. The king makes a rule that allows the Jews to defend themselves, and many lives are saved. Esther didn’t ask to become queen, but God puts us where we need to be.
- Bible Point: God puts us where we need to be.
- Summary Verse: “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13).
- God puts us where we need to be. All of us have places we have to be or things we have to do that we’d rather not. Esther might not have wanted to be queen—she certainly didn’t ask to be! But God put her in that place to save lives. Help your child see that wherever God puts them, they can serve him.
- Think About: What are some roles God has given you? What can you do for him in those roles?
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that God would show your child how he wants to use them everywhere they go.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.