Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Job 1; 2; 13; 40; 42
- In This Passage: Job is a righteous man, but Satan thinks that’s only because he’s happy and wealthy. God allows Satan to take away Job’s wealth and family. Job is very sad for a long time. God doesn’t always take away sad times, but after a while he gives back everything Job lost, plus more.
- Bible Point: God doesn’t always take away sad times.
- Summary Verse: “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13).
God doesn’t always take away sad times. All kids have experienced sadness. Although this point may sound discouraging, it is an encouragement for kids. Help them see that even when sad times don’t go away, God is with us in the midst of them. And like Job, we can stand strong in our faith during sad times.
- Think About: What’s sad in your life right now? How can you see God in the midst of it?
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that God will meet your child in their sad times.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.