Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Daniel 3
- In This Passage: King Nebuchadnezzar builds a 90-foot statue and wants everyone to bow down and worship it. But Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego worship only God, so they stand strong instead of bowing. As punishment, they’re thrown into a blazing hot furnace of fire. But God rescues them. God helps us stand strong even when everyone around us is disobeying him.
- Bible Point: God helps us stand strong.
- Summary Verse: “O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me” (Psalm 139:1).
- God helps us stand strong. Kids may not be pressured to bow to a statue, but the world around them is constantly bombarding them with things that shift their attention away from God. There’s so much demanding their worship. Help your child identify those idols and stand strong, serving only God.
- Think About: Think about a time as a kid when you faced peer pressure. Did you stand strong? What would you do differently now? What did you learn from that experience?
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that God will give your child the courage of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego when other people try to pressure them into turning from him.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.