Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Daniel 6
- In This Passage: Daniel is a trusted advisor to King Darius. But the other advisors are jealous of Daniel, so they convince the king to sign a law that bans praying. Daniel still prays, so the king has to punish him by throwing him into a lions’ den. But God won’t let us down, and he rescues Daniel.
- Bible Point: God won’t let us down.
- Summary Verse: “O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me” (Psalm 139:1).
- God won’t let us down. Kids have experienced being let down. Even the most well-intentioned adults sometimes disappoint them. Help your child see that because God won’t let us down, we can be like Daniel and trust him even when there are scary consequences.
- Think About: What’s the scariest situation you’ve ever been in? How can you see that God helped you in that situation?
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that God will give your child a strong faith like Daniel’s as they trust in the God who won’t let them down.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.