Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Matthew 2:13-23
- In This Passage: King Herod feels threatened when he hears a king has been born, so he decides to kill all boys in Bethlehem who are age two and younger. God wants us to be safe, so he warned Joseph, who escaped safely to Egypt with Mary and Jesus.
- Bible Point: God wants us to be safe.
- Summary Verse: “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
- God wants us to be safe. Kids are familiar with adults in their lives giving them boundaries to help them stay safe. Use this lesson to help your child see that God shows us what to do to stay safe, too.
- Think About: What makes you feel safe? What makes you feel unsafe? Talk to God about that.
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that God will put his hand of protection over your child.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.