Dig In to the Bible
- Read: John 3:1-21
- In This Passage: A religious leader named Nicodemus comes to see Jesus. Most religious leaders don’t like Jesus, so Nicodemus sneaks to see him at night. As he talks with Jesus, Nicodemus asks some hard questions. Jesus answers them because Jesus isn’t afraid of hard questions.
- Bible Point: Jesus isn’t afraid of hard questions.
- Summary Verse: “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
- Jesus isn’t afraid of hard questions. Kids have a lot of questions! Often, the church may feel like an unsafe place for questions. Kids may have gotten the message that asking questions is a sign of a lack of faith. Help kids see that questions are a great way to get to know Jesus better. Questions grow our faith!
- Think About: What questions do you have about God? What truths do you know for sure?
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that your child will be open and honest about their questions, and pray for wisdom in how to help your child find answers.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.