Short Video of “Perspective” <— Click Here
Dig In to the Bible
- Read:Matthew 26:6-13
- In This Passage: A woman pours a valuable jar of perfume over Jesus’ head. The disciples are mad, thinking this is a waste of money. But Jesus sees it as an act of love, and Jesus appreciates our love. He says this woman’s act will be remembered forever.
- Bible Point: Jesus appreciates our love.
- Summary Verse: “But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12).
- What we taught today: Jesus appreciates our love. Kids don’t usually have a lot of money to spend on gifts, but you can tell when a gift really comes from a child’s heart. A picture a child colored, specifically using your favorite colors. A handmade necklace that you’d never find at a jewelry store. These gifts from the heart are an outpouring of kids’ love. Help kids see that Jesus appreciates acts of love from our hearts.
- Think About: What do others do that makes you feel most loved? What do you like to do to show love?
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that kids would feel unashamed to love and worship Jesus in every aspect of their lives.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.