Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Acts 7
- In This Passage: Stephen, a man full of God’s grace, gets in trouble with Jewish leaders. People tell lies to say he is speaking against God. Stephen preaches the truth about Jesus, and they get even more angry. They kill Stephen, and as they do, Stephen prays to forgive them. God helps us forgive our enemies.
- Bible Point: God helps us forgive our enemies.
- Summary Verse: “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- God helps us forgive our enemies. While kids may not always use the term “enemies,” they can identify with people who are mean to them. It might be a bully at school, a neighbor, or even their own siblings. Help kids take on Stephen’s attitude when people seem to be against them.
- Think About:Who’s acted like an enemy to you recently? What has your attitude been like in response?
Dig In to Prayer
- Pray that your child would be full of God’s grace and power like Stephen was.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.