Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Galatians 5:22; Luke 15:11-32
· In This Passage: Love is a fruit of the Spirit, and we can see God’s loving heart in a story Jesus tells about a father whose son leaves to live wildly. When the son returns home, the father welcomes him with open arms. In the same way, God loves us so much, and his love flows out of us to others!
· Bible Point: Love is a fruit of the Spirit.
· Summary Verse: “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!” (Galatians 5:22-23).
· Love is a fruit of the Spirit. It’s tempting to teach kids to try to love better. But the fruit of the Spirit isn’t something we try to have; it’s something that grows naturally when we get closer to God. As kids understand God’s love for them, they’ll grow more love in their lives.
· Think About: Describe God’s love for you. What’s your response?
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to inspire your kids with ways to pass his love on.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.