Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Galatians 5:22; Genesis 26:12-35
· In This Passage: Isaac has conflicts with various people over water rights. Instead of fighting, Isaac leaves each situation to find new water. In the end, he is able to find water and make a peace treaty.
· Bible Point: Peace is a fruit of the Spirit.
· Summary Verse: “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!” (Galatians 5:22-23)
· Peace is a fruit of the Spirit. Most kids would rather be right than make peace. Faced with a situation similar to Isaac’s, it’s natural to try to stand up for what we feel we’re owed. Help your kids see how choosing peace works out best for everyone.
· Think About: Think about a relationship where peace is lacking right now. What do you need God’s help to do to make peace?
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to give your kids a stronger desire to make peace than to be right.