Dig In to the Bible
· Read:1 Samuel 3
· In This Passage: Samuel is a young boy who lives in the Tabernacle. One night, he wakes up to someone calling his name. He thinks it’s Eli, the priest, but it’s not. The third time Samuel hears his name, Eli realizes it’s God. Samuel listens to God’s message and passes it along. God speaks, so we listen for him.
· Bible Point: God speaks…
· Application: …so we listen for him.
· Summary Verse: “So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows” (Matthew 10:31).
· You’ll Be Teaching: God speaks. Kids have busier schedules than ever. Without a break in their activities, it can be hard for kids to have room to listen for God. Use this lesson to encourage kids to pause for at least a few minutes each day, allowing space for God to speak.
· Think About: Have you ever felt like God was speaking to you? How did you respond?
Dig In to Prayer
· Pray that your kids will hear God speaking to them.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.