Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Galatians 5:22; Genesis 29:1-30
· In This Passage: When Jacob falls in love with Rachel, he makes a deal to work for her dad for seven years so he can marry her. He has to be patient! After seven years, Rachel’s dad tricks Jacob into marrying Rachel’s sister, but he gets to marry Rachel with a promise to work an additional seven years.
· Bible Point: Patience is a fruit of the Spirit.
· Summary Verse: “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!” (Galatians 5:22-23).
· Patience is a fruit of the Spirit. Patience is particularly difficult for children. In a world where instant gratification is highly prized, patience doesn’t seem like an appealing trait. But the fact is, kids don’t always get what they want immediately. Help them see how God can help them have patience when they need to wait.
· Think About: What’s something you’re waiting for right now? Pray for God to give you patience.
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to give your kids patience that encourages those around them to be more patient, too.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.