Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Galatians 5:23; John 8:1-11
· In This Passage: Trying to trap Jesus, religious leaders bring him a woman who was caught in sin. The law says she should be stoned to death. Jesus handles the situation with gentleness, not condoning the sin but sending her accusers away and treating her gently.
· Bible Point: Gentleness is a fruit of the Spirit.
· Summary Verse: “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!” (Galatians 5:22-23).
· Gentleness is a fruit of the Spirit. Gentleness can seem weak to some kids. In a world that values strength and courage (which are good qualities, too!), gentleness can seem so mild. But Jesus’ gentleness wasn’t weak. It empowered him to handle a tough situation in a way that showed care and compassion. It took courage and strength for Jesus to be so gentle!
· Think About: Think of someone you know who’s gentle. What do you like about that person?
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to help you demonstrate gentleness, even when your kids are driving you crazy!
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.