River Ridge Kids:
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Exodus 20:2-3; Acts 17:16-34
· In This Passage: God begins his Ten Commandments by saying not to have any other god but him. In Acts, Paul visits Athens and sees the people have so many gods that they can barely keep them straight! Paul uses their religious ways as a chance to tell them about the only true God.
· Bible Point: We put God first.
· Summary Verse: “Jesus replied, ‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind’ ” (Matthew 22:37).
· We put God first. This lesson will challenge kids to think about things in their lives that take priority over God, such as friends, video games, or sports. Help your kids see that while these things are not bad in and of themselves, God comes first.
· Think About: What takes up most of your time and attention? How can you refocus on God?
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to give your kids the desire to make him first in their lives.
The question for the week that was discussed in the Be BOLD pre-teen class was, “If God loves the world, why does He let bad stuff happen?” In the Bible, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego went through some bad things, but it gave them the opportunity to trust God. Many people were able to see God at work through these three men. Remember, God is more powerful than tough stuff. GOD IS ALL-POWERFUL, more powerful than any bad thing that can happen.