River Ridge KidsDig In to the Bible
· Read: Exodus 20:16; Acts 5:1-11
· In This Passage: God commands his people not to lie. When Ananias and Sapphira sell their property, they lie about how much money they sell it for so they can keep some money but make it seem like they gave it all. Both of them are caught in the lie and die suddenly.
· Bible Point: We don’t lie.
· Summary Verse: “Jesus replied, ‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind’ ” (Matthew 22:37). Dig Deeper
· We don’t lie. Lying has a lot of gray areas for kids. What if I don’t technically lie, but I lead someone to believe an untruth? What about if lying spares someone’s feelings? What if I just leave out the truth? All of these are questions that may come up from kids, and you have the opportunity to show how much God values truth.
· Think About: What are some memorable lies you’ve told? What happened? Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to reveal his truth to your kids so they can fall in love with truth.
The Bible is True!
2 Timothy 3:16
Philip ran over and heard the man reading from the prophet Isaiah. Philip asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” The Man replied, “How can I unless someone instructs me?” Acts 8:30-31
- The disciples didn’t fully understand Jesus’ parables. Matthew 13:36
- The Holy Spirit helps us experience the truth- including in the Bible. John 16:12-13
Praying for your pre-teens
Pray that you connect with your preteens in a significant way. Be willing to walk that road with them and that God opens Himself into their lives.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.