River Ridge Kids
· Read: Romans 12:6-8; 1 Corinthians 12:8-10, 28-31; Exodus 31:1-11
· In This Passage: The Holy Spirit gives each Christian a spiritual gift. The Bible lists examples of spiritual gifts. In the Old Testament, we see another spiritual gift in action when a man named Bezalel is filled with the Spirit of God to be a master of crafting.
· Bible Point: The Holy Spirit gave each of us a special gift.
· Summary Verse: “There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord” (1 Corinthians 12:4-5).
· The Holy Spirit gave each of us a special gift. Kids generally love personality assessments, and identifying their spiritual gifts goes right along with that. At the same time, some kids may walk away still not being confident in what their gifts are. Make sure your kids know that the best way to find out their spiritual gifts is just to serve God and see what fits best!
· Think About: How do you use your spiritual gifts at church? How did you find out those were your gifts?
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to use your kids in your class in mighty ways as the Holy Spirit empowers them with gifts.
God is at Work Today (Romans 8:28)
But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative-that is, the Holy Spirit-He will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you. (John 14:26)
- The Holy Spirit guides us into truth. (John 16:13)
- The Holy Spirit gives us power. (Acts 1:8)
- The Holy Spirit is our Advocate. (Romans 8:26)
Ask God to reveal His Spirit to your kids.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.