River Ridge Kids
Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Ephesians 6:10-12, 14; Matthew 23
- In This Passage: Paul talks about the spiritual battle we’re fighting against evil and tells us to put on body armor of God’s righteousness. In Matthew 23, Jesus tells the Pharisees that they may look righteous on the outside, but on the inside their hearts are dirty. True righteousness comes from Jesus’ love in our hearts.
- Bible Point: We fight evil with righteousness.
- Summary Verse: “Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm” (Ephesians 6:13).
- You’ll Be Teaching: We fight evil with righteousness. Righteousness is a hard word to define, and too often Christians define it as a checklist of right actions. But the Pharisees had their checklist down pat, and they weren’t truly righteous. True righteousness is something God puts in our hearts, and our body armor helps protect it!
- Think About: What does righteousness mean to you? How can you use it to fight evil?
Dig In to Prayer
Ask God to guard your kids’ hearts against evil with the body armor of his righteousness.
Lesson 1: How Important is it to Tell People About Jesus?
Bold Bible Truth
Jesus loves you.
“Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it. But do this in a gentle and respectful way.”
(1 Peter 3:15-16)
- God loved the world and sent
- People need us to tell them about
- Peter and John tell about
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.