River Ridge Kids
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Ephesians 6:10-12, 15; Luke 22:47-53; John 18:1-11
· In This Passage: Paul talks about the spiritual battle we’re fighting against evil and tells us to put on the shoes of peace that comes from the good news about Jesus. Just as shoes help a soldier walk safely in a battle, the shoes of peace help us when we face evil. Jesus chose to walk in peace even when his enemies arrested him. Though his friend Peter wanted to fight with violence, Jesus chose peace.
· Bible Point: We fight evil with peace.
· Summary Verse: “Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm” (Ephesians 6:13).
· You’ll Be Teaching: We fight evil with peace. The words fight and peace might seem like opposites to kids. Help them see that fighting evil doesn’t have to mean violence. In fact, one of the best ways God equips us in the battle against evil is with the shoes of peace!
· Think About: What’s a situation in your life where it feels like peace is losing? Give it to God and ask for his shoes of peace.
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to put the shoes of peace on each of your kids’ feet.
Lesson 2: If God Is My Friend, What Does That Mean?
Bold Bible Truth
God is your friend.
“So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.”
• Jesus tells us how to be his friends.
• God is with us.
• God listens to us.
1 John 5:14-15
• God cares about us.
• God loves us.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.