River Ridge Kids
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Ephesians 6:10-12, 17; Luke 4:1-13
· In This Passage: Paul talks about the spiritual battle we’re fighting against evil and tells us to wield the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. This is the only offensive weapon that’s listed as part of God’s armor, and we see Jesus use his sword to fight Satan’s temptations.
· Bible Point: We fight evil with God’s Word.
· Summary Verse: “Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm” (Ephesians 6:13).
· You’ll Be Teaching: We fight evil with God’s Word. It’s important for kids to know that God’s Word is more than a history book or a reference book. It’s a weapon! God’s Word is what we can use to knock down temptations Satan throws our way. Make sure you have extra age-appropriate Bibles on hand, such as the Hands-On Bible or My First Hands-On Bible, in case kids mention they don’t have a sword of their own.
· Think About: How has God’s Word helped you? Thank God for giving us his words in written form.
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to imprint his word on kids’ hearts.
Lesson 5: What’s The Evidence That The Bible Is True?
The Bible is true.
(2 Timothy 3:16)
“The instructions of the Lord are perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living. Reverence for the Lord is pure, lasting forever. The laws of the Lord are true; each one is fair.”
• God’s Word is alive and powerful.
• We can experience for ourselves that God’s Word is true and good.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.