River Ridge Kids
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Psalm 23:1; John 10:1-16
· In This Passage: David begins a psalm about how God is like a shepherd. In John 10, Jesus also talks about how he is like our shepherd. As his sheep, we can follow our Shepherd because he guides us.
· Bible Point: God guides us.
· Summary Verse: “The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need” (Psalm 23:1).
· You’ll Be Teaching: God guides us. The Bible often uses sheep and shepherds as a metaphor for our relationship with God. While this was a very helpful and tangible comparison in Bible times, it may be lost on many of today’s kids, who may not be all that familiar with shepherds and sheep. Help kids think of sheep and shepherds like pets and people. Pet owners love, care for, and protect their pets.
· Think About: In what ways has God shepherded you?
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to help kids know and follow his will.
Lesson 6: Why Doesn’t God Make Things Fair For People? – Feb 16
Bold Bible Truth
God is in charge.
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.”
• Jesus tells a story that seems unfair.
• We’ve all sinned by doing something wrong.
• We’ve all sinned by failing to do what’s right.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.