River Ridge Kids
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Psalm 23:5-6; Ruth 2–4
· In This Passage: At the end of his song about how God is like our shepherd, David celebrates God’s blessings in his life, proclaiming that his cup overflows with blessings. Those blessings include God’s goodness and unfailing love pursuing him. For Ruth, God’s blessings include food and family.
· Bible Point: God blesses us.
· Summary Verse: “The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need” (Psalm 23:1).
· You’ll Be Teaching: God blesses us. You may have a variety of kids in your class, including those who feel more blessed and those who seem less blessed. That difference may be their perception of blessing as it relates to socioeconomic status. But the blessings David named were God’s goodness and unfailing love, and the hope of living in God’s house forever. Similarly, Ruth was a poor widow, but she was able to see God’s provision in her life. Help kids see blessings beyond money and possessions.
· Think About: What are your top 10 blessings from God?
Dig In to Prayer
· Boldly ask God to pour his blessing into your kids’ lives.
Lesson 9: Where’s God When I Go Through Hard Times
God is always with you.
“I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”
• In difficult times, God is close.
• With God’s help, we can do anything.