Good Morning River Ridge Kids!
let’s watch Mrs. Sheedo as she shares the lesson with us!
Parents: Here is a chance to interact with your kids. You are the teacher! Here is the lesson for today.
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Matthew 5:3-12
· In This Passage: Jesus begins his most famous sermon, the Sermon on the Mount, with something known as the Beatitudes. In this section of his sermon, Jesus lists kinds of people who seem lowly or down and out and names the reward they are promised. Jesus flips everything upside down by demonstrating that those who seem to be struggling are actually blessed.
· Bible Point: God blesses those who struggle.
· Summary Verse: “In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father” (Matthew 5:16).
· God blesses those who struggle. Kids’ moods are very contingent on their present circumstances. Didn’t get the dinner they were hoping for? They don’t want to eat it! Screen time got cut off early? It’s not fair! Just got a $20 bill from Grandma? Life is amazing! A day can be full of complaints, but one exciting event can turn it all around. Help kids see that regardless of whether their circumstances seem good or bad, God is blessing them!
· Think About: Think about a time in your life that felt like a struggle. What blessings have you seen come out of it?
Dig In to Prayer
· If you know of any specific struggles your kids are facing, ask God to show the kids his blessings.
Here is a CRAFT for a booklet about today’s lesson.
Here is a HANDOUT as another resource for you today.
Contact email@example.com for further questions or comments. Have a good week!
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.