Good Morning River Ridge Kids!
Let’s start off the morning with songs of worship!
Now let’s watch Sarah as she shares the lesson with us!
Let’s Talk About it!
Parents: Here is a chance to interact with your kids. You are the teacher! Here is the lesson for today.
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Matthew 5:13-16
· In This Passage: Jesus says to be the salt of the earth, bringing flavor to the world around us. He also says to be the light of the world and not to hide our lights. Our good deeds can be like lights that point out God’s glory and bring him praise.
· Bible Point: God shines his light through us.
· Summary Verse: “In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father” (Matthew 5:16).
· You’ll Be Teaching: God shines his light through us. This lesson is built on a metaphor, which can be hard for younger kids to understand. We’ve tried to make the lesson really concrete so kids can understand what it means that God shines his light through us. Try to stick with the language in the lesson as much as possible to avoid confusing kids with too much abstract thinking.
· Think About: When have you seen God’s light through someone else?
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to use your kids in mighty, amazing ways by shining his light through them.
Here is a HANDOUT as another resource for you today.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions or comments. Have a good week!
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.