Good Morning River Ridge Kids!
let’s watch Andrea as she shares the lesson with us!
Parents: Here is a chance to interact with your kids. You are the teacher! Here is the lesson for today.
Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Matthew 5:21-26
- In This Passage: Jesus says that the command not to murder goes beyond simply not killing; harboring anger and speaking in anger means we’re subject to judgment. Instead, we should settle matters with people quickly.
- Bible Point: God helps us calm our anger.
- Summary Verse: “In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father” (Matthew 5:16).
- God helps us calm our anger. Kids have a hard time managing their anger. Developmentally, this is a skill they need to learn and hone. Use this lesson to help them have the tools to calm their anger with God’s help, instead of lashing out.
- Think About: When was the last time you got angry? How did you react?
Dig In to Prayer
- Ask God to help your kids find ways to feel calm and bring peace when anger begins to bubble up.
Here is a HANDOUT as another resource for you today.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions or comments. Have a good week!
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.