Good Morning River Ridge Kids!
Don’t forget to wish your mom a Happy Mother’s day!!!
Now let’s watch Mr. Germain as he shares the lesson with us!
Parents: Here is a chance to interact with your kids. You are the teacher! Here is the lesson for today.
Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Matthew 5:33-37
- In This Passage: In this section of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus takes the complexity out of making vows or promises. Often we add qualifiers to our promises, such as “I swear by heaven!” or “I really mean it.” But Jesus makes promises much simpler: If you always do what you say, then yes or no is all you need to say.
- Bible Point: God wants us to do what we say.
- Summary Verse: “In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father” (Matthew 5:16).
- God wants us to do what we say. For kids, doing what they say they’ll do can be a challenge. They often forget what they agreed to do. That can make their yes or no less trustworthy. Help kids understand the importance Jesus placed on following through with what we say we’ll do.
- Think About: What’s one thing you told someone you’d do but haven’t done yet? Do it!
Dig In to Prayer
- Ask God to show your kids his own faithfulness so they can model it as they learn to do what they said they would do.
Here is a HANDOUT as another resource for you today.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions or comments. Have a good week!
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.