let’s watch Alyssa as he shares the lesson with us!
Parents: Here is a chance to interact with your kids. You are the teacher! Here is the lesson for today.
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Matthew 5:38-48
· In This Passage: In this section of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus talks about how to treat our enemies. Even though most people think it’s okay to hate their enemies, Jesus says to love our enemies and pray for people who persecute us. He also says not to work for revenge but instead be generous.
· Bible Point: God helps us love our enemies.
· Summary Verse: “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today” (Matthew 6:34).
· God helps us love our enemies. The word enemy might feel a little strong to some kids, especially younger kids. But the concept of someone who’s hard to get along with is definitely familiar to kids. Help your kids see that when someone makes them mad, they can show kindness and love.
· Think About: Think about someone who has been hard for you to love in the last week or two. Pray for that person!
Here is a Print Out as another resource for you today.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions or comments. Have a good week!
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.