let’s watch Andrea as she shares the lesson with us!
Parents: Here is a chance to interact with your kids. You are the teacher! Here is the lesson for today.
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Matthew 6:19-34
· In This Passage: Jesus tells his listeners not to store up treasure on earth or love money, which adds more worry to our lives. Instead, we don’t need to worry about anything! Just as God clothes the flowers and provides food for the birds, he’ll give us everything we need. We don’t need to worry, because God takes care of us.
· Bible Point: God takes care of us.
· Summary Verse: “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today” (Matthew 6:34).
· God takes care of us. Depending on your demographic, kids may or may not give much thought to worrying about their next meal or having clothes to wear. But regardless of whether they worry about it, kids are more likely to associate their parents with their provisions than God. Help kids see that God provides for them through their parents.
· Think About: What are you worried about? Write your worries on a piece of paper. Then fold it in half and hold the crease as you make it flap like a bird. While your paper bird flies, ask God to help you trust him.
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to take care of your kids in your class. If you know of any specific needs, pray for them.
Here is a Print Out as another resource for you today.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions or comments. Have a good week!
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.