Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Matthew 7:7-11
· In This Passage: In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus says to keep on asking, seeking, and knocking in prayer. When we pray, God will give us good gifts, just as a father gives good gifts to provide for his children.
· Bible Point: God hears our prayers.
· Summary Verse: “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today” (Matthew 6:34).
· God hears our prayers. Young kids tend to pray more automatically, but somewhere in childhood that easy faith dwindles and prayer becomes more of a last resort. Help kids hold onto the earnest desire to go to God in prayer whenever they need something—or just to talk with their friend!
· Think About: What kinds of things do you talk with God about? What other kinds of things could you talk with God about?
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to show your kids how eager he is to be their friend—to talk to them and to hear from them.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.