Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Matthew 7:12; Matthew 18:21-35
· In This Passage: In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus says to treat others the way we want to be treated. This adage is known as the Golden Rule. Later, Jesus illustrates the Golden Rule with a story about a debtor who is forgiven a huge debt but won’t forgive a small debt.
· Bible Point: Treat others the way you want to be treated.
· Summary Verse: “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets” (Matthew 7:12).
· Treat others the way you want to be treated. This point, known as the Golden Rule, is commonly advised today even among unchurched kids. Chances are your kids have heard it before; but living it out is a different story. It’s a lot easier to say it than do it! Use this lesson to help kids see the value of living according to the Golden Rule.
· Think About: What’s one thing someone has done for you that meant a lot to you? Do it for someone else!
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to open your kids’ eyes to the love and grace he has treated them with, and pray that seeing how God has treated them will inspire them to treat others likewise.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.