Unit 2: God Has a Plan
God Calls Abram (Genesis 12:1-8; 15:1-6)
Bible Point: We can trust God.
“For the word of the Lord holds true, and we can trust everything he does.” (Psalm 33:4)
Do you ever wonder what’s coming next? Or do you find yourself advising God on how to carry out his plans? Abram did. He’d obeyed God’s call and believed his promises. But that doesn’t mean Abram didn’t wonder at times. So as Abram waited, God painted a starry-night portrait of his plans. And after some stargazing with God, Abram’s trust in God was renewed.
God, please bless my children. May my words and actions show them how much you love and like them. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the plan you have for their lives. In Jesus’ name, amen.
River Ridge Kids
Dig In to the Bible
Read: 2 Kings 2:1-18
In This Passage: In this mysterious Bible story, God takes Elijah up to heaven in a chariot of fire drawn by horses of fire. The chariot is caught up in a whirlwind, carrying Elijah to heaven. Elisha looks on, upset that Elijah is gone but ready to carry on his legacy. These strange events show that God is mysterious.
Bible Point: God is mysterious…
Application: …so we have faith.
Summary Verse: “For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?” (Isaiah 43:19).
• God is mysterious. Kids love mysteries! But sometimes God’s mysterious qualities can be an obstacle to belief. It can be hard for older kids to believe in something they can’t see or fully explain. Use this lesson to help your kids understand that faith is believing even when we don’t understand the mystery of God.
• Think About: What questions do you have about God? Ask him to help you have faith even when you don’t understand him.
Dig In to Prayer
• Pray that kids will be more in awe of God because he is beyond what our brains can comprehend.
Is God With Us Even When We’re in the Bathroom?
TODAY’S BIBLE BASE
Bold Bible Truth
God is always with you. (Hebrews 13:5)
“You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head… I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.” (Psalm 139:5-10)
• Places God is with us. Various verses from Psalm 139
• God is with us like a good shepherd. Psalm 23:4
• God lives among us. Zephaniah 3:17
• God won’t abandon us. Deuteronomy 31:6; Matthew 28:20