We Celebrate Jesus
Christmas Week 2: Magi Search for the Messiah (Matthew 2:1-12)
Bible Point: We celebrate Jesus.
“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son.” (John 3:16)
The wait was over. People had been hoping for the Messiah to come for hundreds of years, so when he finally arrived, those who sought and found him were overcome with joy. “He’s really here!”
Nothing compares to the excitement that surrounds Christmas. We get to experience that anticipation and joy each year as we hurry and hustle to make preparations and celebrate the birth of the greatest gift ever known to man: our Savior!
God, thank you so much for sending the gift of your Son, Jesus. Please guide us as we celebrate you, Jesus. In your name, amen.
River Ridge Kids & Be Bold
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Luke 2:1-7
Classroom: My Large Group + Age-Graded Small Groups Classroom
· In This Passage: Despite being the king of the universe, Jesus comes to earth in the most humble form: a baby. He’s not born in a palace or fancy home; he’s born in a stable to lower-class parents. Jesus is humble, and he shows it in his humble birth.
· Bible Point: Jesus is humble…
· Application: …so we show humility.
· Summary Verse: “He took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being” (Philippians 2:7).
· Jesus is humble. Humility seems to be a lost art form these days. Our culture teaches kids to have a “me, me, me” attitude. And most kids naturally focus more on getting than giving. Help your kids see that Jesus came in a humble way even though he deserved the very best.
· Think About: Who’s the most humble person you know? What characteristics about that person do you most admire?
Dig In to Prayer
· Pray that God would give your kids his humble heart.