Unit 3: Good News for Outsiders
Jesus Welcomes Children (Luke 18:15-17)
Bible Point: Jesus loves everyone.
“So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.” (John 13:34)
Think about when you were a child. Did you ever have someone discount what you said? Now think of a time you may have dismissed something your child said to you. Were the circumstances really that different?
As much as kids are valued in our culture, they aren’t considered to have a lot of wisdom. But Jesus indicated that children are important in God’s family, and he was adamant about making time for them.
Young children are living out the experience of the children in this Bible passage right now. And this is your chance to let your child know they’re valuable and important in God’s family. Jesus loves kids. And kids can love Jesus as much as adults do, serve with pure hearts, and know Jesus personally
God, thank you for your reminder that you love everyone and think we’re all important. Teach me about your kingdom as I interact with my child today. In Jesus’ name, amen.
River Ridge Kids
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: John 4:43-54
Classroom: My Large Group + Age-Graded Small Groups Classroom
· In This Passage: A government official comes to Jesus, pleading for Jesus to heal his son, who is dying. Without even going to see the son, Jesus heals him just by speaking. As the father travels home, a servant meets him to tell him that his son is alive and well. Jesus is amazing, so we believe in him.
· Bible Point: Jesus is amazing…
· Application: …so we believe in him.
· Summary Verse: “Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy” (Psalm 100:2).
· Jesus is amazing. Kids may feel as if they don’t get to see Jesus do many amazing things in their lives. But Jesus encouraged the father in the Bible story to believe even without seeing signs and wonders. Help your kids trust that Jesus is amazing because of all the things they know he’s done, and help them take notice of his small but no less amazing miracles, like a heartbeat or a beautiful day.
· Think About: What amazes you about Jesus? Tell him!
Dig In to Prayer
· Pray that your kids would believe in the amazing power of Jesus.
What Does the Bible Say About What I’m Supposed to Be When I Grow Up?
TODAY’S BIBLE BASE
Bold Bible Truth
God is always with you. (Hebrews 13:5)
“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” (Ephesians 2:10)
• Whatever you do, do it for God. Colossians 3:23
• Work enthusiastically for God. 1 Corinthians 15:58
• Explore traits and talents of Paul Acts 21:37–22:3 Philippians 3:5-6