We are excited about the opportunity to once again hold Worship Services in person! We have been closely monitoring all updates from the CDC and the states of Illinois and Wisconsin and have created a reopening plan that will allow us to meet in person with precautionary measures to keep everyone safe.
The plans to open are as follows:
- We will hold two services on Sundays. The first service is at 9 a.m. and everyone who attends is required to wear a mask. The second service is at 11 a.m. and masks are only recommended.
- Attendees are asked to register online for service so we know how many to expect and can comply with all social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available and everyone is encouraged to use them regularly.
- Attendees are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water regularly.
- Social distancing is required, spacing groups of chairs 6 feet apart and 10-12 feet away from the stage where our worship team and Pastor will lead the service. In addition, there will be a protective barrier between the Pastor and the worship team and the congregation.
- We will take temperatures of all staff and volunteers.
- All volunteers and staff will wear a mask for both services.
- When worship members leave the stage to sit down, they will be required to wear a mask for both services.
- We will continue to have our service available online for those who are unable or unwilling to meet in person.
- We encourage those at high risk to consider watching our service online.
- We ask those who are feeling ill or running a fever to stay home and watch the service online.
- We ask attendees to greet each other with a wave and a smile and avoid handshaking, hugging, and close contact with others inside the building.
- Attendees are asked to leave the building immediately after service so our cleaning crews can prepare for the following service or clean up at the end of the day.
- We will not pass an offering basket, but rather provide a box in the room for those who wish to make their offering with a check or cash. We encourage you to give online.
- We will only share in communion when we can obtain individually wrapped and sealed elements.
- In between services, we will have a crew clean and disinfect all chairs and furniture and equipment, as well as the restroom facilities.
- Ushers will help seat people to maintain social distancing.
- Ushers will dismiss people in an organized manner to maintain social distancing after service.
- We will NOT offer RR Kids during our initial opening until we can come up with a plan for a room and program that keep the children safe and makes parents comfortable.
- We will have availability of 2 nursing/cry rooms for use by parents with infants and toddlers. Capacity will be limited in order to maintain social distancing.
- We will not serve refreshments and coffee during our initial opening phase.
- We will not set up the Next Steps, Connection group, or other ministry tables during our initial opening phase.
- In the event that an attendee is diagnosed with COVID 19 or there is an outbreak within the church, we will follow the appropriate state notification guidelines and recommended actions.
As we get through the COVID pandemic situation and as the CDC and states begin to relax their precautionary recommendations, we will begin to ramp up our RR Kids and other ministries.